Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ice Cream and Air Guitar (day 19)


This evening, I went on a rendezvous with my cousin Ry to find something specific for his engineering project. We went to Michaels (so dangerous!) and Walmart's craft section, but couldn't find what he was looking for. We ended the day in disappointment so we went on a trip to Marble Slab Creamery, it was my treat as he paid for dinner. Had the Raspberry Cheesecake ice cream. Delish! I couldn't finish it all though. Too sweet and too cold.

I've also discovered that getting lost in music is awesome. I'm finding myself rocking out in air guitar in various places: sitting in traffic, in line at the grocery store, trying on clothes at Winners, while I dry my hair, and in the middle of dishes (a spatula makes a great fake guitar). 

Air guitar is only the start of rock out awesome-ness. First off though is mastering the head banging; having a good rhythm and intense facial expression is crucial. Next is air guitar (I'm still working on that). Combining these two things will make you a great air guitarist. A bonus would be if you could lipsync well, which goes with the rhythm and the facial expression. Knowing the words also helps. Last but not least, if you can air keyboard, you are more than great in my books:

This video was posted by Taj (aka Sugarham from Living Room Studio) on her Facebook. Never have I realized the beauty of air band.

3 comments:

  1. It is a shame the craft run didn't work out :( Did you take the picture of the ice cream cups?
    One last note: we should start a airband haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah I took that pic after feeling ill of excessive goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I don't doubt it! Even though it is a photo of the cups and spoons I really like it. Very much so something you would see on a advertisement for the place.

    ReplyDelete