Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fatigue (day 69)

I don't know what it is lately, but I've been so tired this passed week. My eyelids start to fall, and my body starts to get numb, and I can feel my head start to drop as I'm sitting in my office chair. Walking around the studio didn't help, and even going outside for some fresh air wasn't at all affecting me. Washed my face with cold water, nada. Energy drinks, ZIP!

I found myself at the point where I could literally pass out at any moment, and being caught at work for sleeping...well...I'd get a finger waggin' from my supervisor. To avoid that, I ended up slapping myself across the face...pretty hard. It took a bit, but I was finally wide awake, and could move on with my day.

Now that I'm in a position of actually having the time to sleep, I'm here blogging. In all honesty, on some days it almost feels like a chore, especially on days when I don't know what to write about, or what to take a photo of. On other days, it's what I look forward to because I have so many things to share. The project states that I take a photo of something that made my day; something that sums up the day in itself to remind me that even the little things are enjoyable on a bad day. Today wasn't a bad day, I just wish I was more awake. I'm not resenting this project....just yet ^-^.

Here's my photo for today:
Scarf. Multipurpose tool for my day. As it isn't quite too cold yet, I have a very thin scarf lying around. I have a patch of eczema near the base of my neck. Scarf hides it quite well. Problem is, it gets pretty hot because I can't scratch it. At bellydance class, my instructor found out about my skin issue with eczema and gave me some advice (take vitamins, fish oil, etc), because her daughter had the same problem. It went away for long periods at a time, so I'm considering it, if I can remember all of the supplements that were recommended. Topical medication can only do so much. All it does is get rubbed away after I put on a shirt or scarf. I also used my scarf around my waist for bellydancing. It worked pretty great, as my whole outfit was black and brown. The red/pink scarf really stood out. I want to eventually get the ones with the bells on them. We'll see how it goes. C is suppose to make a budgeting spreadsheet for us in the next couple of days. Let's hope it goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment