Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Inspired by...(day 40)


I follow DSK Jewelry...almost religiously (and in advance, this is not an advertisement for her work...I just simply love her stuff). Her creations are beautiful and that was what started me on making my own Swarovki jewelry. She sells her stuff right off her blog posts. The necklace above I saw was one that she had made, with her own signature heart chain. I loved the idea of it so much, but I couldn't bring myself to buy it. Instead, I found the beads through Artbeads.com and made one for myself and put it on a chain I already owned.

Of course, there's a reason why products are marked up. Unless it's for charity, it's for profit. If you can make it yourself, more power to you, but don't forget to support your local artists! They work hard to make beautiful creations, personalized for you in particular, and it could definitely be one of a kind.

In respect for DSK Jewelry, the necklace I made is inspired by her and made for me alone. You're welcome to buy your own beads, and make it yourself. I will not be making a handful of these, even if you paid me!
40 BICONE 4mm Swarovski FUCHSIA #5328 Crystal BeadsLiving Room Studio approached me and asked if I wanted to share a table with them at their next art show, however I don't think I could have anything ready by the time they want me for it, and I don't even know what to do! I was thinking about a selection of simple Swarovski Jewelry that I could even do right at that table, personalized to the customer's tastes: colour, chain length and materials, bails, etc. What do you think? All I'd have to get ready is to have a ton of beads for multiple choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment