Thursday, October 28, 2010

Coping with loss (day 97)

Today, we lost a fluffy member of our family. My mother told me that my rabbit, Squiggles, who was living with my parents, had passed away. They buried her under our pear tree. She was 5 years old. She will be terribly missed. I had a good cry today, and learned that I can cry with contacts on.

C gave her to me for my birthday the year I was graduating from high school. Unfortunately, when I had to start going to school in the city, I couldn't bring her over. Finding an affordable place to live for a student with pet privileges is very hard. Time was running short, and I had to go with a place that didn't allow pets and was only a block from school. So, she stayed with my parents, and ended up bonding a lot with my Dad.

She was my first pet (besides fish). Not really sure how to deal with it. Crying seems to be working, but I don't know how much longer this will last. I'm trying to find the energy to get through the rest of my evening. I am dehydrated.
Squiggles: taken a couple of weeks after taking her home from the pet store.

3 comments:

  1. I was sad when I lost my bunny =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was crying for almost 2 days when my dogs got poisoned by stranger =[

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm not the only one out there that's lost a beloved pet. Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete