Friday, October 22, 2010

"Manly" Makeup (day 90)

That's right. The brand of this eyeshadow palette is called "Manly". No joke. We had a good laugh at work about this when I received it. The reason why I got this was because a Youtube makeup guru (originally from Greater Vancouver, and currently living in Europe) did a positive review on this exact palette that she had received as a gift from her sister. Of course there were negative things said about it, but it does what it's suppose to do. This palette is from Hong Kong, and actually I ordered it in late August. This had been on standby from the supplier for about two months.

120 colours. Actually, 119 colours, because they didn't press the powder for the last shadow. Luckily for me, it's a colour that I probably wouldn't use often (it was mustardy). In the process of taking this home, the loose powder of the one that was not pressed had spilled in the box. I was going to attempt to save it by pressing it myself, but it was a huge mess, so I just threw out that shadow completely. I felt like that was a waste, but this palette was so cheap (less than $20usd!), I didn't care much about it.

The other reason why I picked up this palette was because of the bright colours. Now, I'm not saying I'm going to walk around everyday with super bright green makeup, but it's nice to have the variety of colours for the spur of the moment flair. I usually like to accent neutrals with something bright. For a while, I had been debating about getting this palette, or the Coastal Scents 88 colour palette, which even more Youtube makeup gurus use, but there were less colours for more money. I think I made the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment