Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Discovering an image

At times like these, I wish I had a graphics tablet at home. Instead, it's back to the paper and pencil.

I was inspired by a stamp that I collected to make a symbol, or image for myself, the blog, and labels I could just stick on...well...everything. Mind you, it's still in the works, but I'm pretty happy with what I have so far. Time to scan it and vectorize! I'm hoping that it doesn't look like I just copied the stamp. I will be adding my own spin to it, enough to make it my own.

It's okay to admire someone else's work, but you start to question when it's okay to use the piece of inspiration as your own -- like that stamp for example. I had this discussion with someone today about having your own style that makes you unique. I am still on that journey of discovery. I am testing the waters in so many different mediums, and I want to explore even more (thanks marthastewart.com).

But what makes me unique from all those other artists out there?

I'm a bunny...that likes to craft >=3
I craft for fun, not for profit. I sell to feed my craft addiction. Martha Stewart and her team of crafty minions are an inspiration. I am constantly learning to get better and expanding my brain to new experiences. I have only tapped into a smidgen of artistry in the world. I am so inspired by the motivation and artwork around me, in all it's shapes in sizes. It makes me want to go bigger...bolder!

Appreciate art, in all it's lovely forms.

Maybe it's time I made a tree a cozy sweater for next winter.

1 comment:

  1. There is a fine line between what is inspiration and what is just copying, it becomes more clear with the more edits made I find. You may even get to a point where it has changed so much you wouldn't even know what the source was.

    It is good to hear you "want to go bigger...bolder!" Go bold or go home! Hehe. You can always go extreme and bring it back, it’s hard to be in a comfort and go to extremes. Do it up!

    ReplyDelete