Saturday, March 12, 2011

On the go

Oh ho! I recently got the blogger app for my phone and now I can post from anywhere my data service can take me! I guess this is pretty good for those long waits at the dentist offices and I got nothing but time and phone in hand. Pardon the auto-correct.

Last night we had a half session of arts and crafts at 'The Living Room Studio'. Full sessions include staying up til the sun rises while living on nachos and caffeine, because that is how they roll, Haha. They find they have more inspiration when on lack of sleep. Unfortunately with lack of materials and plans the next day, we left early.

After running through what I have for the craft show, I started to feel self-conscious about my pieces. All of these happy/sad scenarios are running through my head and making me feel unmotivated. I've hit a creative block and I keep thinking about that priority list I supposedly made for myself. What is my focus in life ? What am I striving for? I've been going through this phase for the last few years.

A good friend of mine started making her bucket list. She claims to be going through a quarter life crisis. I am pretty sure I've been doing it my whole life, Haha. It was only a few years ago when I decided that my life is short. Do what I can while I have the ability to do so. I need to add to my list. I am very proud in the sense that I am doing what I can to do at least one thing a year from my bucket list, especially if it is a big deal. Last year I got contacts which was a big step for me as I had problems with anything to do with my eyes. Now I can even put eye drops in by myself! The year before, I learned how to swim. Another very big step. This year I am taking an intro course to sailing. I cannot wait.

Life is full of experiences that should be cherished and remembered. If there are any roadblocks along the way, work your way around it.

I listen to Queen's 'Don't stop me now' to remind me that I can do anything I set my mind to.

No comments:

Post a Comment