Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ready, set, KNIT

The first thing I do when I get home from work today: blog

Top priority subject -- I am set for luvinthemommyhood summer sweater KAL! My yarn came in the mail today. My first online yarn purchase! How exciting!

Okay, maybe just exciting for me.

This came in just in time for the KAL which officially starts tomorrow. I was starting to get worried, as Canada Post has been going on strike around the country.

Alas, the yarn is in my hands :). I picked Knit Picks "Comfy Fingering" yarn in "Planetarium". I can't wait to start it! However, I run into a problem. You see, there are these...baby seals...

It's not so much a problem, but something that I've overwhelmed myself with. I have a handful of requests, and I also want to get a few other designs out there, and with requests from people around me, etsy seems to be further and further away from me, not to mention I'd rather not live in a dungeon for the summer on weekends. This summer is going to be tough to stay home and crochet...or maybe I'll take it to the park!

All I have on my mind right now (besides this sweater), is making a bunch of amigurumis for the local Christmas Market in November. "Winter Accessories" are also going to be added, but I have no idea if I can achieve this goal at the moment, but it's not going to make me give up on trying. Knitting and crocheting are time consuming, especially when you have a 9-6 job. I think it's great for gifts and if you have the time to do it, it's great, but as a job, or a stable 2nd income, absolutely not. So, we'll see how the summer treats me, with this sweater, and these amigurumi requests. I really would like to not focus on jewelry for the market, and do a bunch of these little guys. I might go insane by the end of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment