Saturday, November 12, 2011

hahaha, what? Derpy

Is this thing on? Testing...testing...
**ahem**
HI THERE.
I sure missed you bloggy.
What is it with me and these month long relapses of zero posts?
Life gets in the way, it happens.

Feeling like this right now

I've been told that fiber-craft is my calling, Yarn related, in particular. That may be so, but I have much more to learn. I was looking into getting a certificate to teach, however the program I'm interested in....I'm not sure if I'm ready for it yet. I must do more practicing with other fun projects and expand my knowledge! Currently, I have a very long post...possibly posts lined up for those interested in starting to knit, with zero previous knowledge. It is sitting in my drafts box until I can tweak it so that it makes sense.

In the mean time, what have I been doing lately? My main focus is on my day job career as an animator. I've been yearning to be inspired by something to create a short film or fun clips on my own for personal growth...that has yet to be fulfilled.

I've also just finished participating in craft shows for the year, and trying to plan for next year. I am trying to determine what my focus is for these things because I feel like I am all over the place. Visiting other local craft shows in my area, I discovered I am way out of my league. There are so many talented artisans out there, and I am just a wee inspired crafter just hoping that I can sell some things just so that I can continue paying for my crafts.

I made a revelation last night, in that I don't want to turn "Craftybun" into a brand, or a full fledged business. "Craftybun" is a representation of me, and I want to be able to make everything with my own hands, not create designs and send them off to China to get them made at a cheap price. It's about supporting local artists and their talents, the artist getting all of the credit (or making sure that whoever is involved gets credit as well). With that being said, considering that I have a daytime job, and not that much free time, my etsy store will end up being very sparse for the most part. I do want to focus on local craft shows if I can.

Last note before I leave you for the night: You can't please everyone, so take care of yourself first. You'll thank yourself for that.

Keep Crafty~

No comments:

Post a Comment